You select the length of visit, and how I spend that time
My most popular. Great for midday walks, potty breaks, playtime, or feedings (Saturday & Sunday rates are $3 more)
Great for longer walks, extra pampering, high energy dogs, or special needs (Saturday & Sunday rates are $3 more)
Great for multiple dogs or special need dogs
(Saturday & Sunday rates are $3 more)
I do not charge for this get-acquainted visit, but it is a requirement prior to my services. My goal is to learn as much about your dog, and his needs as possible. Tell me everything I need to know that is unique about your companion. You and your dog will also learn about me. There is paperwork for us to complete. Allow up to an hour for this meeting; required only once.
Please have a key ready during the Meet me First interview. After we meet, if you feel comfortable hiring me, I will ask you for a key. Always Ready Key Service permits me to securely retain your key(s), at no additional charge, for safe keeping until you schedule another visit, or you contact me to request repossession of the key(s). The keys are safeguarded with a random code. To protect your security, they are not labeled with your name, address or dog’s name.
An additional $7 per visit applies on holidays: New Years Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Indy 500 Race Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving & the Friday following Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve
The utmost care will be given in watching both your pet(s) and your home. However, due to the extreme unpredictability of animals, we cannot accept responsibility for any mishaps of an extraordinary or unusual nature (i.e. biting, furniture damage, accidental death, etc.) or any complications in administering medications. The parties herein agree as follows:
1. This contract will take effect upon signature by both Client and Dog Visits by Mary and will remain in effect until terminated by either party. We appreciate as much advance notice as possible, but will make every effort to accommodate all requests.
2. Cancelations for midday dog walks should be at least 24 hours in advance
3. Emergency First Aid / Veterinarian Care - Dog Visits by Mary is authorized to perform care and services as outlined on this contract. Should medical attention be necessary and specified veterinarian is unavailable, Dog Visits by Mary is authorized by signature below to seek emergency veterinarian care. Client releases Dog Visits by Mary from all liabilities related to transportation, treatment and expense. Every attempt will be made to notify Client and Client’s Emergency Contact(s) regarding such situation. However, if Client (& Client’s emergency contacts) is not reachable and time is of the essence Client authorizes Dog Visits by Mary to approve medical and/or emergency treatment (excluding euthanasia) as recommended by a veterinarian as necessary to keep dog alive and pain free. Client agrees to reimburse Dog Visits by Mary for any expense incurred, plus any additional fees for attending to this need
4. In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, Dog Visits by Mary is entrusted to use best judgment in caring for pet(s) and home. Dog Visits by Mary will be held harmless for consequences related to such decisions.
5. Dog Visits by Mary agrees to provide the services stated in this contract in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the Client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against Dog Visits by Mary / Mary Louden except those arising from negligence or willful misconduct on the part of DVBM.
6. Client acknowledges that payment is dueimmediately upon completion of a scheduled service period without further invoice or notice. A late fee of $10.00 or finance charge of 5% (whichever is greater) will be added to unpaid balances after 10 days. A handling fee of $30 will be charged on all returned checks. In the event it is necessary to initiate collection proceeding on the account, Client will be responsible for attorney’s fees and cost of collection.
7. In the event of personal emergency or illness of Mary Louden, Client authorizes Dog Visits by Mary to arrange for another qualified person to fulfill responsibilities as set forth in this contract. Every attempt will be made to notify Client regarding such situations.
8. All pets are to be currently vaccinated. Should DVBM be bitten or otherwise exposed to any disease received from client’s animal, it will be the client’s responsibility to pay all costs and damages incurred by the victim.
9. Dog Visits by Mary and Client each may terminate this contract at any time by written notice to the other. DVBM will be entitled to payment for all services rendered until notice of termination is received, and for any transition services reasonably required to provide for the health and welfare of Client’s pets. Dog Visits by Mary will not terminate during a period of travel service unless Dog Visits by Mary determines, in its sole discretion, that a danger exists to the health or safety of DVBM. If such concerns preclude DVBM from providing further care of the pet, then Client authorizes pet to be placed in a kennel, with all charges there from to be charged to client. Every attempt will be made to notify Client regarding such a situation.
10. Locksmith Clause: In the event that Dog Visits by Mary is required to employ a locksmith to gain entry into client’s premises due to a malfunction of the lock or a failure of the Client to leave a key, it shall be the responsibility of client to reimburse for all costs incurred. The Client expressly gives DVBM the authority to employ a locksmith on Client’s behalf in the event of the aforementioned occurrences.
11. Visitors: Dog Visits by Mary will not allow anyone into client’s home under any circumstances without prior notification to DVBM by Client and the visitors are able to produce valid identification. Notable exceptions are emergency personnel, or emergency substitute pet sitter authorized under number 9 above. If any neighbor, friend, family member, contractor, or any other representative of Client enters the client’s home or property during a Service Period, DVBM is not responsible for damage or loss to client’s property, including Client’s pet(s).
12. Notification: Client is required to notify Dog Visits by Mary of the following:
Client’s return home from travel – whether early, on time, or late – to check in and formally end a
Service Period. Contact the office (317)259-7419, (Voice mail is sufficient), or email
All persons who have access to Client’s residence and who may be entering the residence or
Any changes in travel plans as soon as they become known to Client
Any delay in Client’s return from travel
13. Leashes & Collars - It is Client’s responsibility to supply leashes & collars that function properly, fit properly and are safe for their pet(s). If it becomes apparent that taking client’s pet(s) for walks is unsafe (due to reasons such as loose, poor fitting collars and broken leashes), Dog Visits by Mary may choose not continue to walk Client’s pet(s). DVBM may substitute preferred leashes if desired and appropriate.
14. Standard of Cleanliness – Dog Visits by Mary maintains a standard of cleanliness. I will freshen water bowl each visits. I will “poop scoop” fresh droppings that happen during our visits or walks. (Unless you instruct me to leave them in yard.) I will clean up after indoor accidents (with your supplies).
15. Pet Aggression – Dog Visits by Mary does not provide services for aggressive animals. If client withholds or misrepresents an animal’s history of aggression, Client may be held liable for said misrepresentation and for placing DVBM at substantial risk. Client is required to inform DVBM of ANY occurrences where their pet(s) exhibit ANY signs or acts of aggression prior to any Service Period.
16. Animals with Free Access to Outdoors – It is Client’s responsibility to ensure that the confinement area for their pet(s) is safe, secure, and free of holes, gaps, and deteriorated fence material prior to the start of a Service Period. I will make every effort to maintain that level of safety and security. Dog Visits by Mary is not responsible for injury or disappearance, or death of Client’s pet(s) with said access.
17. Property Damage Insurance- Dog Visits by Mary’s insurance policy may cover damage to Client’s property that DVBM causes by accident or neglect. DVBM is not responsible for ANY damage to Client’s property caused by Client’s pet(s) during a Service Period.
18. Fees - Dog Visits by Mary reserves the right to make changes to rates, fees, and policies. Client’s, are notified in advance of such changes.
19. Personal Injury – Client assumes responsibility for all injuries and disabilities sustained by Dog Visits by Mary caused by misrepresentation or neglect caused by Client’s pet(s) and/or home, including but not limited to bites, scratches, mauls, trip hazards, and obstructions.
20. ID Tags -Dog Visits by Mary requires that all pets, indoor or out, wear ID tags, even if microchipped.
21. Security Systems – If client’s home is equipped with a security system, it is Client’s responsibility to provide proper training / directions and passwords for Dog Visits by Mary to properly operate the security system. If during a Service Period the security system generates a false alarm that dispatches emergency personnel, or if the system fails to generate an alarm during legitimate circumstances, DVBM is not liable for any charges, fines, or other damages resulting from the malfunctions or false alarms.
Copyright © 2022 Dog Visits by Mary - All Rights Reserved.