Dog Visits - You select the length of time and how I spend that time:
Walking, playing, exercising, potty breaks, pampering, dinner, etc.
| Regular Visit
• My most popular. Great for midday walks,
potty breaks, playtime, or feedings
(Saturday & Sunday rates are $2 more)
| 30 minutes
| Extended Visit
• Great for longer walks, extra pampering,
high energy dogs, or special needs
(Saturday & Sunday rates are $2 more)
| 45 minutes
| Hourly Care
• Great for multiple dogs or special need dogs
(Saturday & Sunday rates are $2 more)
| 60 minutes
Key Service To avoid this fee, consider my Always Ready Key Service*. Please have a key ready during the Meet me First interview. After we meet, if you feel comfortable hiring me, I will ask you for a key. (Otherwise $17 service charge applies for key pickups / returns.)
*Always Ready Key Service permits me to securely retain your key(s), at no additional charge, for safe keeping until you schedule another visit, or you contact me to request repossession of the key(s). The keys are safeguarded with a random code. To protect your security, they are not labeled with your name, address or dog’s name. If the key ever got separated from me, no one could identify it as your key.
Holiday Fees – An additional $5 per visit applies on holidays: New Years Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Indy 500 Race Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve
Policies & Procedures (You will be asked to sign this service contract during our “Meet Me First” Interview)
The utmost care will be given in watching both your pet(s) and your home. However, due to the extreme unpredictability of animals, we cannot accept responsibility for any mishaps of an extraordinary or unusual nature (i.e. biting, furniture damage, accidental death, etc.) or any complications in administering medications.
The parties herein agree as follows:
1. This contract will take effect upon signature by both Client and Dog Visits by Mary and will remain in effect until terminated by either party. Client may make telephone / email reservations for additional Service Periods, subject to Dog Visits by Mary availability. All scheduled visits will be governed by all the terms of this contract. We appreciate as much advance notice as possible, but will make every effort to accommodate all requests.
2. If Client returns before scheduled visits are complete, or (for any reason) no longer requires services of Dog Visits by Mary, and fails to adequately notify Dog Visits by Mary of such, any visit or trip resulting from failure to notify shall be compensated at the scheduled rate. Client must notify the office phone of Dog Visits by Mary at (317) 259-7419 promptly, or email email@example.com to avoid being charged for unnecessary visit(s).
3. The attached calendar itemizes scheduled visits for 1st Service Period, and fee per visit (according to length of visit), plus any assessed fees (such as holidays, key service, etc) for an expected TOTAL SERVICE PERIOD FEE of $________. Any additional visits made or services provided shall be paid for at the usual contract rate.
4. Emergency First Aid / Veterinarian Care - Dog Visits by Mary is authorized to perform care and services as outlined on this contract. Should medical attention be necessary and specified veterinarian is unavailable, Dog Visits by Mary is authorized by signature below to seek emergency veterinarian care. Client releases Dog Visits by Mary from all liabilities related to transportation, treatment and expense. Every attempt will be made to notify Client and Client’s Emergency Contact(s) regarding such situation. However, if Client (& Client’s emergency contacts) is not reachable and time is of the essence Client authorizes Dog Visits by Mary to approve medical and/or emergency treatment (excluding euthanasia) as recommended by a veterinarian as necessary to keep dog alive and pain free. Client agrees to reimburse Dog Visits by Mary for any expense incurred, plus any additional fees for attending to this need
5. Client must provide an adequate amount of supplies to complete this Service Period. This includes, but is not limited to: food, water, medications, puppy pads, etc. Client agrees to reimburse Dog Visits by Mary for any additional expense incurred for attending to this need, including a $15 delivery service charge.
6. In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, Dog Visits by Mary is entrusted to use best judgment in caring for pet(s) and home. Dog Visits by Mary will be held harmless for consequences related to such decisions.
7. Dog Visits by Mary agrees to provide the services stated in this contract in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the Client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against Dog Visits by Mary / Mary Louden except those arising from negligence or willful misconduct on the part of Dog Visits by Mary.
8. Client acknowledges that payment is due immediately upon completion of a scheduled service period without further invoice or notice. A late fee of $10.00 or finance charge of 5% (whichever is greater) will be added to unpaid balances after 10 days. A handling fee of $30 will be charged on all returned checks. In the event it is necessary to initiate collection proceeding on the account, Client will be responsible for attorney’s fees and cost of collection.
9. In the event of personal emergency or illness of Mary Louden, owner of Dog Visits by Mary, Client authorizes Dog Visits by Mary to arrange for another qualified person to fulfill responsibilities as set forth in this contract. Every attempt will be made to notify Client regarding such situations.
10. All pets are to be currently vaccinated. Should Dog Visits by Mary Pet Sitter be bitten or otherwise exposed to any disease received from client’s animal, it will be the client’s responsibility to pay all costs and damages incurred by the victim.
11. Dog Visits by Mary and Client each may terminate this contract at any time by written notice to the other. Dog Visits by Mary will be entitled to payment for all services rendered until notice of termination is received, and for any transition services reasonably required to provide for the health and welfare of Client’s pets. Dog Visits by Mary will not terminate during a period of service unless Dog Visits by Mary determines, in its sole discretion, that a danger exists to the health or safety of Dog Visits by Mary Pet Sitter. If such concerns preclude Dog Visits by Mary from providing further care of the pet, then Client authorizes pet to be placed in a kennel, with all charges there from to be charged to client. Every attempt will be made to notify Client regarding such a situation.
12. Locksmith Clause: In the event that Dog Visits by Mary is required to employ a locksmith to gain entry into client’s premises due to a malfunction of the lock or a failure of the Client to leave a key, it shall be the responsibility of client to reimburse for all costs incurred. The Client expressly gives Dog Visits by Mary the authority to employ a locksmith on Client’s behalf in the event of the aforementioned occurrences.
13. Visitors: Dog Visits by Mary will not allow anyone into client’s home under any circumstances without prior notification to Dog Visits by Mary by Client and the visitors are able to produce valid identification. Notable exceptions are emergency personnel, or emergency substitute pet sitter authorized under number 9 above. If any neighbor, friend, family member, contractor, or any other representative of Client enters the client’s home or property during a Service Period, Dog Visits by Mary is not responsible for damage or loss to client’s property, including Client’s pet(s).
14. Notification: Client is required to notify Dog Visits by Mary of the following:
• Client’s return home from travel – whether early, on time, or late – to check in and formally end a Service Period. Contact the office (317)259-7419 (Voice mail is sufficient), or firstname.lastname@example.org
• All persons who have access to Client’s residence and who may be entering the residence or property during a Service Period
• Any changes in travel plans as soon as they become known to Client
• Any delay in Client’s return from travel
15. Leashes, Collars, Carriers - It is Client’s responsibility to supply leashes, collars and carriers that function properly, fit properly and are safe for their pet(s). If it becomes apparent that taking client’s pet(s) for walks is unsafe (due to reasons such as poor fitting collars and broken leashes), Dog Visits by Mary may choose not continue to walk Client’s pet(s). DVBM may substitute preferred leashes if desired and appropriate.
16. Standard of Cleanliness – Dog Visits by Mary maintains a standard of cleanliness. I will freshen water bowl each visits. I will “poop scoop” fresh droppings that happen during our visits or walks. (Unless you instruct me to leave them in yard.) I will clean up after indoor accidents (with your supplies).
17. Pet Aggression – Dog Visits by Mary does not provide services for aggressive animals. If client withholds or misrepresents an animal’s history of aggression, Client may be held liable for said misrepresentation and for placing Dog Visits by Mary at substantial risk. Client is required to inform Dog Visits by Mary of ANY occurrences where their pet(s) exhibit ANY signs or acts of aggression prior to any Service Period.
18. Animals with Free Access to Outdoors – It is Client’s responsibility to ensure that the confinement area for their pet(s) is safe, secure, and free of holes, gaps, and deteriorated fence material prior to the start of a Service Period. I will make every effort to maintain that level of safety and security. Dog Visits by Mary is not responsible for injury or disappearance, or death of Client’s pet(s) with said access.
19. Property Damage Insurance- Dog Visits by Mary’s insurance policy may cover damage to Client’s property that Dog Visits by Mary causes by accident or neglect. Dog Visits by Mary is not responsible for ANY damage to Client’s property caused by Client’s pet(s) during a Service Period.
20. Fees - Dog Visits by Mary reserves the right to make changes to rates, fees, and policies without notice. Regular Client’s, however, are notified in advance of such changes.
21. Personal Injury – Client assumes responsibility for all injuries and disabilities sustained by Dog Visits by Mary caused by misrepresentation or neglect caused by Client’s pet(s) and/or home, including but not limited to bites, scratches, mauls, trip hazards, and obstructions.
22. ID Tags -Dog Visits by Mary requires that all pets, indoor or out, wear ID tags, even if microchipped.
23. Security Systems – If client’s home is equipped with a security system, it is Client’s responsibility to provide proper training / directions and passwords for Dog Visits by Mary to properly operate the security system. If during a Service Period the security system generates a false alarm that dispatches emergency personnel, or if the system fails to generate an alarm during legitimate circumstances, Dog Visits by Mary is not liable for any charges, fines, or other damages resulting from the malfunctions or false alarms.
24. Key Policy - Dog Visits by Mary safeguards Client’s key(s) by tagging and coding the key(s) in a manner that offers reasonable protection to Client in the event of loss or theft of key(s). Following the Service Period, Dog Visits by Mary securely retains Client’s key(s), at no additional charge, for safe keeping until: (A) client wishes to engage Dog Visits by Mary for additional Service Periods, or (B) Client contacts Dog Visits by Mary to arrange repossession of the key(s). Dog Visits by Mary will only return key(s) by personally delivering them to Client or Client’s representative, for which an additional charge may apply. We do not lock keys in Client’s house or hide them on the property. To avoid this fee, enroll in ALWAYS READY KEY SERVICE.
Dog Visits by Mary